Self catering accommodation in Guinjata bay - Inhambane province - Mozambique.

Border Mozambique: make it hassle free

Passing the border does not have to be a hassle if you prepare yourself well for it. South African residents do not need a visa, overseas tourists do need one. They can get a visa at the border (also at the airport in Inhambane) but it is advisable to get it beforehand at the Mozambican embassy.

Take with

  • Vehicle registration documents (original or certified copy)
  • A letter of authority from the owner if the driver of a vehicle is not the registered owner
  • A letter and certified copy of registration documents from the bank, if the vehicle is on hire purchase
  • Registration documents of trailer (where applicable)
  • Passports and ID documents

Documentation at the border

  • Unabridged Birth Certificates required for all children under 18 years to enter Mozambique (Compulsary) See Dept Home Affairs for details
  • Pay border duties
  • Temporary Import Permit for your car
  • Take out temporary third party insurance (valid for 30 days)

We advice you to buy the third party insurance at the border so that the date on all your documents are the same.

Home | Book here | About us | Sitemap
cumbini resort seafront luxery villa camp baraka seafront villa chalet cabana scuba diving fishing coast guinjata bay road sun rise snorkelling_guinjata_bay